Pages

January 12, 2012

Extreme Birds- Dominic Couzens

I checked this new book in at the branch a few months ago and immediately put myself on the hold list for it. The vast diversity of birds in the world has always been interesting to me. Several years ago when I was living in Knoxville my husband and I had a second floor apartment and a balcony that was on level with the telephone wires and tree tops. I started taking note of the different varieties of birds in the yard and have been keeping an eye on our feathered friends wherever I go now. Extreme Birds: The World's Most Extraordinary and Bizarre Birds by Dominic Couzens highlights the crazy abilities and features of birds. Birds who are the strongest, fastest, have the largest beaks and the sexiest tails....this book gives superlatives to 150 standout members of the bird world. It may sound a little boring, but check it out from your library and I guarantee you'll be drawn in by the fascinating facts in this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment